Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rain Upsets Ball Schedules

As I write this, the rain continues to drip on the local ball fields causing concern for the coaches trying to reschedule games onto an already tight schedule.  We all appreciate the time the coaches spend on the fields with our young athletes but that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Just as much time and effort goes into the planning of practices, rescheduling games and the care of equipment and uniforms.  In my experience, it becomes a family task with all getting involved, whether fielding or making phone calls, hauling equipment from one location to another or offering moral support.
We should all be thanking these volunteers. Take a look at the busy schedule that is already in place at http://my.calendars.net/fieldsloune/ then try to picture re-scheduling games lost due to the weekend storms.... it's a tough task!
I appreciate the rain since we'll probably be dry in July but right now, I'd like to go to a ball game.

No comments: